Saturday 30 January 2010

A trip to the dentist may be needed....

I`ve received my race number for next month`s `Moonlight Challenge`. I thought it would be a fun event & somewhere different to put in a LSR for my London marathon training.

It`s a lapper - laps of 6.55M, so 5 laps for the full distance (32.75M), 4 laps for 26.2 and 3 laps for 19.65M.

I also managed to talk two running friends into entering too as their Goofy Challenge was sadly ruined by the snowy conditions early in the year.

Whilst they do the full distance, the plan for me is to do 3 laps - that distance makes a sensible training run.........good plan, right?......

....but it`s like playing with a wobbly tooth - you know you shouldn`t but sometimes you can find yourself doing it by accident...well running 26.2M (4 laps) in training for a 26.2M event is just daft but everyone has heard about over distance training..........

to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment