....but who says that `step` needs to be a physical one ????
I have come to realise I`m an `all in or not interested` kind of guy. Any commitment, idea, goal or dream I have needs to be locked in mentally.
This year`s goal was to finish the Comrades - which I found incredible tough. What I also found tough was resting - I guess the trouble with finishing a race like Comrades was the feeling of being invincible. To my shock I have found I`m not but this has not stopped me from entering next year`s Comrades - yes I`m going back.
For me, to finish the Comrades - 56 miles in 12 hours - was tough & so amazing so to do it again and in back to back years will be a bigger and more difficult challenge. I will need to up my game.
My physical training plan is coming together with some interesting events, with a heathly mix of PT sessions, bike sessions & more Bikram yoga sessions. Most of this starts after I fully recover from my Ab strain, hopefully the double XC season will make me stronger.
One thing I have started on to achieving this goal of mine is my mental training. I was recently lent two books about Comrades - "Bruce Fordyce - Comrades King" & "Just Call me Wally - Wally Haywood!" (thanks Chris) - which I am enjoying. I AM locking in this dream.
I have just come back from spending a whole day`s seminar with Les Brown - wow what an inspiration & motivating day.
Below are some of my `notes` - they may not make sense to you as I write then today (& may add more) but in the months to come when I read back I`m sure they will & push me on.
- "Go Big, Stop playing small! "
- "Hope in the future is power in the future"
- "Program yourself for success"
- "Be the best version of you"
- "It`s not where you start, it`s where you are going"
- "Want more of those `I can`t believe it`s me` moments"
- "Push the limits"
- "Mind-set Resilience"
- "Choose your future"
- "Problems are empowerment"
- "Master something you love"
- "Picture your Goal"
- "Say YES to your dreams"
- "Override that head-trash"
- "It`s now or never - my dreams can`t wait"
- "Invest in yourself"
- "Don`t wait to live your dreams"
- "Not too impress but to inspire"
- "Now is the time to live my Dreams"
- "I can do this"
- "Have the will to do this"
- "Courage, Will, Perseverance & Skill"
- "Speak from the Heart"
- "Create Experiences"
- "Run after your Dreams" - yes Les Brown said that to me !
- "Sometimes you need to believe someone else has faith in you"
- "OQP - Only Quality People"
- "Let Go or be Dragged"
- "Surround yourself with like minded people"
- "The Distance between your Dreams and Reality is Action"
- "Don`t stop believing"
I promise not to leave it not so long before I blog again.
Enjoy whatever you do (esp if it`s XC).