Tuesday 25 January 2011

So last year ...............

Stubbington Green 10Km - A new one for me, well I say that only because it was cancelled last year :-/

So an early 10Km outing, not that was `racing` it anyway - a decision I made fairly quickly after entering the Tanners 30. The sore tendon also ensured I didn`t go too fast. So come race day and it was another good turnout from members (past & present) with 9 + 1 members. It was a bit a friends fest anyway with loads of faces I knew & loads of clubs being represented. I wasn`t driving which was quite unusual but the good thing was that he liked to get to a race early too. Went for coffee 1st & manage to lose ourselves in the race HQ - opps. Soon enough it was warm up time and I wanted a good slow warm up - managed a mile about 10/m which was perfect.

This event is a sell out - there were over 1,300 finishers with varying abilities (00:32 to just over 01:23). Soon enough we moved from the `holding area` and down the road to the start - and we were off. The plan was 60:00. I had so many comments from friends who went past about my pace.

Yet again the 1st mile too fast, despite a slower second mile it was still too fast BUT I was concentrating on where my feet were landing - shorten stride with mid foot landing rather than landing out in front, on the heels & pulling on that tendon. Third mile again too fast - ok so not going to hit my pacing target but no issue with the tendon and I could enjoy the course & could see why it produces some fast times - undulating with twists & turns. The small section by the sea was very open & if you didn`t mind sea spray in your face the views out to sea were quite good. From there it was back up into the village & then round the last turn, into the home straight and through the finish.

Time wise - 56:53 - a bit quicker than planned but only 3 mins faster.

Watched most of our club runners come home - Ankle was generally ok with the walk back to the car acting as a cool down.

To sum up - a really good event & worth doing. Next year I wouldn`t mind giving it a bit of a go.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/63684763

Split Summary
====
1) - 1m - 8:40(8:40/m) - 137cal
2) - 1m - 9:19(9:19/m) - 139cal
3) - 1m - 9:00(9:00/m) - 139cal
4) - 1m - 9:10(9:10/m) - 141cal
5) - 1m - 9:08(9:08/m) - 138cal
6) - 1m - 9:11(9:11/m) - 139cal
7) - 0.28m - 2:24(8:39/m) - 38cal

As a precaution a couple of days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment