Sunday 30 January 2011

Impressions

Second time for me at the Lakeside for me, well running wise anyway. I did the shorten version back in 2009 & last year I popped up to York for the Brass Monkey so it was nice to be able to do this one again PLUS it `s the closest event to me – the start line is less than 2 miles away - always support your local events*. So after a warm up of less than 2 miles I met up with the Dan & Dave from the club. After a cup of tea & a bit of fluffing around we were called to the start area for the off.....

Now I could not help thinking it would be just so funny if Mike Gratton kicked this one off with an impression of Martin Fitzmaurice by saying “Are - you - ready.....Ladies & Gentleman....Let`s go - running....” then blow the hooter........................but he didn`t - off we went anyway.

First mile at an easy pace which suited me & is typical of Dave`s running, 2nd mile was a bit quicker - half way through the 3rd mile Dave got bored and sped off, whilst Dan & I settled down on a steady pace. About 3.5M we hit the canal which wasn`t as muddy as it could have been (I had been doing a bit of canal work recently at the Frimley Lodge parkrun anyway). Kept it steady we us passing a number of folks where it was possible. Just after 7M we had the `steps` - a nasty change of pace but it mean we were off the canal & back on the road.

As we swung around the corner we had a nice downward section of road where we could see runners in front & slowly picked a few more off. Turned another corner I could see a few more then a space – I pushed the pace a little and caught these few & got into that gap. I could see Mike (Gratton) on the corner & the entrance of Lakeside. Just one pedestrian to negotiate around (which could have got trickly) and into the home straight. I could tell someone was right on my shoulder – it was Dan (thank goodness). We could see Dave shouting at us and we went through the finish neck & neck – which was a great result.

Finished with a `Check-out` time of triple 19 - double 4.

(well nearly 65.13)

Split Summary ====

1) - 1m - 9:08(9:08/m) - 139cal
2) - 1m - 8:44(8:44/m) - 142cal
3) - 1m - 7:48(7:48/m) - 141cal
4) - 1m - 7:59(7:59/m) - 142cal
5) - 1m - 8:09(8:09/m) - 143cal
6) - 1m - 7:59(7:59/m) - 143cal
7) - 1m - 8:03(8:03/m) - 142cal
8) - 0.96m - 7:27(7:45/m) - 131cal

(Garmin was short and miles were out as if you look at the downloaded route I should have been very, very wet - but I wasn`t)

Route - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/64710626

Results – http://www.racetimingsystems.com/public/results.aspx?raceid=1391

Tendon update – Still a bit stiff, been to the phyios for a massage, ultrasound & a zap. Been given some exercises to do & cream (which really smells of peppermint) but it`s `ok` - manageable. A few easy weeks now.

*I don`t really count Frimley Lodge parkrun as a event as parkruns are so part of my weekly running but it feels odd not being a regular there & fully supporting it & boosting the club`s presents there :-/

(PS still not got the hang of this linking & why Garmin Embed works on some occasions & not all beats the heck of me :-/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment