Wednesday 2 November 2011

CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR ENTRY HAS BEEN ACCEPTED FOR:


Adidas Thunder Run 24hr

Category – Solo Man

Wwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & gulp :-)


I guess I better look at training plans & future races - I do like this one already The "Pony "Express" New Forest Ultra

(I think I will do this one for charity so if I do rattle the penny jar please give generously - thanks)

.....boing, boing....

Advice tips & Ideas for training.....

"My tips for the TR24. Training wise just get miles in your legs. I did 200+ miles in the two months leading up to the event, the longest single training run I did was 43 miles.

On the event itself you need to go for every lap at a similar pace from start to finish, the guy who won did pretty much every one of his 20 laps @ 1h10 or there abouts. Keep eating all the time and keep your electrolytes up, plan your food in advance. If you can get someone to support you to help with kit changes and food it is a massive help, regular sock & top changes are a big boost. With breaks I would avoid sitting down at al, just keep moving and take food on your walk breaks, walk all the hills...you can walk this circuit at a brisk walk of about 1h 25l. Caffeine drinks help with the night time."

Also links Utra Disco Stu blog TR24 - 2010

This is what it`s all about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment