Tuesday 5 April 2011

Normal service has resumed -

Well my two weeks of rest is up & I`ve nearly been good.

Only two runs – both parkruns – Black Park parkrun (24:59) & Poole parkrun (23:11) – ok I know that`s not jogging but it`s not often I find myself starting a race with double olympian Liz Yelling - apart from that….oh and the Chi Running hill session I`ve not ran for 2 weeks.

It`s been a bit odd really – lie ins on a Sunday morning, lack of piles & piles of washing, not really watching what you are eating & drinking (opps – crash course diet needed) – I did do a bit of cycling & swimming but it`s not really the same but generally rested well.

So tonight I met up with the club complete with newly returned Garmin (that also had a bit of recuperation with Mr. Garmin - some F30 software error). Only a gently jog but normal service has now re-started.

Running has not been totally out of mind – I`m planning my summer campaign or should that be cam-PAIN – yes it`s the short stuff season - I love running `short stuff` - it makes me smile.



I`m starting with the Hook 6 (A), then Woodland 5`s, BUPA 10,000 (A), Forest 5, Yateley 10Kms, Sam Run 10Km (A), maybe a Queens Mother Reservoirs 10Km too, not forgetting the relays….busy, busy, busy……

Don`t worry I`m still doing the longer stuff.

Nearly forgot - I`ve been given my job in the Virgin London Primary Finish Team - "A Hustler"....do I need to dig out my old pool cue????

Oh here`s something I knocked up one Sunday morning instead running the local hills



(Thanks to Martin for the photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment